For the Society to retain as much income from sales as possible you can pay by cheque or postal order
so please download an Order Form to complete and return by post as shown on the form
you can also pay by BACS by emailing a request for our bank details to firstname.lastname@example.org
To order by credit card via PayPal please go to our Books or to our Sundries on-line ordering pages
ICRS publishes well respected quality enthusiasts spotting books under the banner of the UK Rail Series. We currently have seven titles either in print or planned for release in 2018:
Released Annually or Bi-Annually* (Combine* & wire bound Pocket Book*):
- UKRS No.1 UK Pocket Book 2019 (256 pages) First release as a wire bound version so unique on the market. This is the most comprehensive spotters pocket book on the market and is double the data of the similar NREA book.
This has all the same content as the larger Combine but without the detailed spec, ideal for your everyday spotting, the modern successor to the IA abc but far more comprehensive
Click to see sample pages from 2018 editions (original with spine - 12th ed) (Summer Ed - 13th ed)
- UKRS No.2 UK Combine 2019 Includes liveries (for rmost stock) and all the detailed spec for each class (242 pages). Click to see sample pages (2018 Summer Edition)
- UKRS No.3 UK Wagons 2019 Includes many large Preserved Track Maintenance Vehicles with more added for 2019 edition (126 pages). Click to see sample pages (2018 edition)
- UKRS No.5 UK Locos 2019 (66 pages) (click to see sample pages) NEW A6 wire bound pocket version (last released in 2011 as A5 version), ideal for those who just want a complete list of locos to record haulage. Click to see sample pages (2018 edition)
Released As Required: (every two years - Name Directory, every 5 years - Ultimate Sighting Files)
- UKRS No.4 UK Name Directory (158 pages). Click to see sample pages (2018 edition)
- UKRS No.10 Ultimate Sighting File Vol.1 - Mainline Diesel Locos (194 pages) click to see sample pages (click to see sample pages)
- UKRS No.11 Ultimate Sighting File Vol.2 - Shunters, Mainline Electric & Prototype Locos (142 pages)
(click to see sample pages)
The Ultimate Sighting Files are the only spotting books you need to record all Diesel & Electric locos you have seen over the years, whether active or long scrapped. They list all locomotives to have operated in mainland UK for the big four, BR & privatised companies post nationalisation including all re-numberings with works numbers, buil and disposal details. Each book contains a comprehensive cross refernce table of all re-numberings so any loco can be easily found whatever number you use.
UKRS No.1 and UKRS No.5 are A6 size, all others are A5 size (see photos below). All are wire bound including a more user fiendly version of the Pocket Book introduced in 2018 (the only wire bound A6 spotters book). The original version with a spine will still be produced but as perfect bound (see Sundries page). All books have laminated covers. Being wire bound, books can be laid flat, so user friendly and are perfect to work hands free with a computer.
2019 books above top: 02A (left), 05, 03 above bottom 01WA & 01 (spine)
below:10, 04 & 11
Click to see images of previous editions of books released in the UK Rail Series.
Our range includes the following useful accessories:
- Society branded A6 size wirebound notebooks 50 or 75 pages (21 lines per page).
- A5 blue cordex magazine binders with ICRS logo on the spine, to keep your copies of TRACKS amd TRACKS extra safe.
- Society polo shirts in BLACK, DARK NAVY, NAVY, BURGUNDY or BOTTLE GREEN embroidered with ICRS logo & name.
- Society baseball caps in BLACK, NAVY or BURGUNDY embroidered with ICRS logo & name.
All orders over £8.00 to UK addresses are post free.
below this amount £1.50 must be added for P&P
(automatically charged when using PayPal).
Delivery to non UK addresses will incur extra postage over the UK standard rate, PLEASE request cost before ordering
Whilst we do our very best to dispatch books as soon as possible,
we are all volunteers so please be patient and allow up to 14 days for delivery,
especially when new books have just been released.
If you also order sundries then you may receive all together but
may be sent in separate parcels.
Clothing will take
28 days for delivery if not in stock.
To order by credit card via PayPal please go to our Books or to our Sundries on-line ordering pages.
If you wish to pay by cheque or postal order
please download an Order Form to complete and return by post as shown on the form.
[ return to top ]